Hair we Love By Victoria
Summer is here and it’s time to let your hair do the talking . Here is our round up of our favourite, on trend, summer lovin’ hairstyles.
A simple, non embellished, head-band can create quite a statement. You can use it to sleek the front of hair back, then back comb from behind the hair band and let the rest go wavy. Keep all the height at the back and the head-band will also serve the function of keeping the hair away from your face and not distracting you. We love this because it’s a very simple style yet the addition of the gold head-band makes it very chic and girly.
Messy Bleached Bob
Bleached blonde hair is on trend again for summer style and this messy style is the epitome of summer coolness. To get this look invest in some salt spray like this one from Fudge.
Take hair, spray this and then scrunch up. This spray works well on any hair type and style but in the look above it creates a great contrast against the sharp blunt bob cut. The perfect, sun-kissed, just been surfing beach hair for cool girls.
Plaits are big news for summer and are being rocked by those in the know at all the summer festivals. They are the ultimate festival hair because they keep hair up and clean and are actually styled better on hair that hasn’t been washed that day. These front and back pleats are not the easiest to style yourself but help is always at hand in the form of fake ready pleated extensions or hand-bands. This look is very relaxed and easy going and works well with empire line floaty frocks.
Extreme Side Parting
The new fringe is actually not a fringe but a very extreme side parting that cuts across the face and adds softness. To keep volume you can back comb at the parting and then add a wave to the rest of the hair. We love this hair style, it’s so primitive yet on trend. It’s just very important to invest in a good spray to keep hair in place and out of your eyes.
Fish tail braids are beautiful because they give more volume than a normal braid which tends to flatten hair. They are wonderfully romantic and really easy to do. Follow our guide below:
- Divide your hair into two large sections, parting straight down the middle. For a sharper look, you can use a comb to part your hair evenly. If you’d prefer the tousled look, though, simply part it with your hands.
- Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside of the left section. Pull it over the top of the left section, and grasp it under the right section. In other words, the strand of hair has gone over the left section and finishes under the right section.
- Repeat Step 2 on the other side. Pull a skinny strand of hair from the outside of the right section, pull it over the right section, then weave it under the left section.
- Keep alternating sides, weaving over and under, until you reach the bottom of the braid.
- Tie off the end with a hair bobble or elastic
- If you feel that the fishtail is too tight, use your fingers to gently massage into the strands a little to loosen it slightly
The return of the Bridget Bardot backcomb makes us very happy. It’s so wonderfully romantic and retro. You can start right from the front section and back-comb from there or, much like our Princess Head-Band look, you can take the back crown section and back comb from there. This look continues to inspire Hair Dressers year on year and is often cited as one of the top hair styles ever. What’s not to love?
Our round up of summer hair-styles we love. Styles that can take you from festivals, the beach and just day to day summer lovin’. Which style is your favourite?
Love Victoria X
Ps thanks to Vogue, Allure and Elle for the images.